Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Physical assessment fieldwork assignment

That is what I am working on at the moment. I have to do an objective and subjective assessment on a person with an illness or condition that needs nursing care, as well as that I need to complete a full physical assessment and incorporate 10 to 12 nursing diagnosis's.

I recently started working in the hospital wing of a rest home about 5 mins drive from my house. I have only worked two weekends so far (Sat and Sun nights 3 - 9 pm) but this has been changed to just Sun nights now. It is pretty heavy work and what do you know I have injured my knee, not through work but running on the treadmill at the gym. I have been to the physio three times so far but my knee is just not improving and is really quite sore, I am worried about working on it this Sun, so I am going to talk to my physio tomorrow and see what she thinks.

My daughter was 5 on the weekend, we all has such a good time. She is on holiday this week and then starts school next Mon. That is when I go back to tech for my last week of classes for the year. I then have one more week study and then am at a doctors practice for 1 month. I am looking forward to my placement as I have heard they are really friendly and supportive. I am not really interested in primary health nursing but will go into it with an open mind.

No comments: