Saturday, May 16, 2009

one week down two more to go

I have just finished my first week in SCBU, the first few days were blah, but yesterday was great! I really enjoyed it and the nurse I was working with was really good. I got a really good report filled out, so am happy.

Have made a start on the family study and practical nursing report but that is about it, I am feeling soooo tired and cant even keep my eyes open at night when I sit down in front of the computer to do some work on them.

I don't know if I mentioned I have two more placements to go before I graduate and I had a meeting a few weeks ago. To discuss my plans for this and what type of practicums I should do, and I am so excited to say that I am going to ED in August!! The hospital that I would like to work at when I finish offers a new grad package in ED/ AAU and this is what I would like to do when I finish my nursing degree. My ultimate goal is to continue to study after I graduate and work my way up so that I can apply to become a flight nurse. I am also interested in mental health and paeds. But have decided that I would like to start in critical care nursing first. That's the one great thing about nursing, there are so many avenues that you can go down. I am so excited I am almost in year three!!! I cant believe it!!

No comments: